PDS Tech is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Preferred Experience in a Manufacturing or Mechanical Environment. Should have good communication and customer satisfaction skills. Required Experience with ERP or Manufacturing Planning Software and Microsoft Office Software. Prior Gulfstream and SAP and or Solumina experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
2. Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
3. Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
4. Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
5. Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
6. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
7. Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
8. Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
9. Utilize CADAM/CATIA data and nesting software to generate flat patterns, Master Models, NC data, and ply nests to meet Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
10. With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
11. Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
12. Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
13. Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
1. Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
2. Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
2. Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
3. Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc.
4. Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
SAP and Solumina experience preferred.