Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking candidates for Director, Spare Parts Management, Customer Support Division for the Regional Jet Development Program.
This position is located in Nagoya, Japan.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a profitable, world-wide spare parts service for the Aircraft. Spare parts services will include but not be limited to parts provisioning and sales, tailored parts pooling services, lease and repair services. This leader is also responsible for establishing the processes and organization necessary to create and deliver these services. Processes will include provisioning planning, inventory planning, setting up of warehouse and distribution channels, export/import control, customer AOG and sales support, quality management, and others as necessary. These services should meet the expectations of customers ensuring the aircraft is cost competitive and can be maintained in an airworthy condition as designed by Engineering and approved by regulatory authorities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to establishing deliverable commitments, establishing work priorities, creating and managing the development processes, creating the team and team structure, implementing governance and communication processes, and evaluating the performance of the group.
The Primary Work Location will be Nagoya, Japan. Travel to USA or other country will be required.
Scope of Work
Develop the following processes and capabilities related to spare parts management:
- Phased Provisioning
- Recommended Spare Parts List (RSPL)
- Spares sales
- Proprietary and partner parts
- Parts catalog
- Leasing Services & management
- Repair Services & management
- 24/7/365 – AOG Desk
- Inventory planning & demand forecasting
- Inventory management for new parts & Company repairable assets
- AS 9120 certified Logistics Service Centers
- Management of 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) warehouse and distribution provider
- Supplier Management
- Customer account management
- Spares Engineering management to oversee part interchangeability and kitting services
- Tailored MRO and spares support programs
- Handling of dangerous materials
- Insurance Parts management
The Spares management function will be performed in Nagoya, Japan. Third parties will be used for logistics in Japan, North America and Europe. Company will use SAP as their ERP system. This system will control spares ordering and fulfillment processes. Familiarity with SAP is a benefit. The Spares team has partnered with The Boeing Company - Spares Engineering to develop customer provisioning data and inventory recommendations.
Expected Education/Experience and Skills:
- Qualified candidates must hold an engineering degree from an accredited Engineering School.
- Candidates must have worked in commercial aerospace for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and have 5 or more years in managerial positions providing spare parts management functions to commercial airline customers.
- Candidates must have skills and experience managing Suppliers.