Interior Design Engineer:
Location: Southeast USA
Duration: long term contract
The Interior Design Engineer will perform design engineering for cabin & cockpit structures, components, and trim for aircraft. The individual will also support tasks associated with interior Installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates conceptual designs for interiors of the aircraft through 3D modeling software, drawings, and/or drafting application.
2. Develops designs for form/fit/function to meet customer and design criteria.
3. Provides designs for the fabrication process including sheet metal, extrusions and inject molding
4. Validates engineering designs per engineering core principles, design standards, processes and industry best practices.
5. Makes recommendations to engineering lead/management.
6. Researches and maintains up to date knowledge of technical data pertaining to cabin, cockpit structures, hardware, material, and finishes.
7. Ensures adherence to program schedule.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering from a four year college or university is required. (In lieu of degree, management may elect to consider individuals with a equivalent years of combined experience and training.)
2. Masters’ degree in Engineering preferred.
3. 8+ years of engineering experience with at least three years of design engineering experience directly related to mechanical/interior design for commercial aircraft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of conceptual design development of aircraft interiors.
2. Working knowledge of industry standard (i.e. - parts lists, bill of materials, parts and standards callout, etc).
3. In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
4. Familiarity with 14CFR Part 23/25.
5. Proficiency in CATIA V5 workbenches or equivalent 3D modeling tools (i.e. - Solidworks, Unigraphics, etc).
6. Proficiency in Teamcenter (or equivalent PLM tool).
7. Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
8. Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within an organization and present data clearly and concisely.
9. Ability to work cross functionally with Quality and Production to resolve issues on the production line.
The Structures Company, LLC is an AA/EOE.
STRUCTURES COMPANY LLC
P O BOX 2278
SEAL BEACH, CA 90740