This position provides technical and project oversight of projects for TC design changes and STCs to clients' certified aircraft. The chosen candidate will serve as a liaison between the company and FAA/ODA, engineering focal and other Civil Aviation Authorities. Qualified Candidates: - must be detail oriented and thorough - must demonstrate strong technical writing skills of certification documentation - must be experienced in establishing Certification project plans and leading projects to closure - have ability to handle multiple cert projects simultaneously - be a good team player - Certification projects experience in Special Missions projects and STCs is highly desirable
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) years supporting engineering certification projects and/or activities.
Under minimum supervision, performs a variety of engineering tasks to support MRA (Major Repairs and Alterations), STC (Supplemental Type Certificate), TC (Type Certificate) and/or other regulatory approval project processes including review of data packages, identification of procedural and certification issues, and providing guidance to engineering on procedures and regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reviews STC/TC/MRA data packages prior to submission to the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) for completeness and adherence to the established requirements. Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative to ensure STC/TC/MRA documentation is prepared and processed in accordance with approved procedures.
2. Assists department manager/ODA Program/Project Administrator in providing training and guidance concerning ODA procedures. 3. Demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving procedural issues that may impact the schedule of STC/TC/MRA issuance.
4. Interfaces with local and foreign authorities on issues related to STC/TC/MRA projects.
5. Actively works to improve the department processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements and expectations.
6. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge in the field in order to recommend process changes or innovations that will improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of the company products.
1. Familiar with working regulatory issues and coordinating closure of Issue Papers and other certification issues.
2. Develops department training material.
3. Assumes responsibility for assigned projects, tasks, or processes.
4. Assists department manager/ODA Program/Project Administrator in resolving standardization issues.
5. Keeps abreast of changes to regulatory requirements and guidance material.
6. Minimum travel required. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be proficient in working with MS Office software.
2. Strong background with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification processes.
3. Strong background with Federal Regulations (14 CFR Part 21, 23, 25, 43, 91, 135 and 183) and associated guidance material.
4. Must be very experienced in working with regulatory requirements.
5. Must possess excellent attention to detail and display the ability to effectively adjust to changing engineering practices and procedures.
6. Must have excellent organizational and planning skills.