Security Clearance required
Under minimum Shop Supervision, accurately and efficiently sets-up and operates 5axis CNC Mills to manufacture tooling and parts.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Performs sets-up and operates a CNC Mill to provide Quality Parts and Tooling.
- Interprets and follows engineering planning.
- Performs inspection of machined parts.
- Performs MDI’s on programs when necessary.
- Interfaces and partners with Engineering, Programming and Quality Inspection as necessary.
- Clearly interfaces and established effective communication with opposite shift via logbook, verbal communication and shift interchanges.
- Performs troubleshooting of quality errors to assist in the root cause & correction process.
- Informs and escalates issues to the Supervisor accordingly and refrains from making modifications to the program without seeking proper approval.
- Participates in 6S programs and maintains work area, tools, and equipment in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
- Operates forklift and crane in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Actively participates in company behavioral safety program.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
- CNC Machinist Certification preferred.
- Forklift and Crane certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a U.S Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- 5 + years’ experience desirable operating full 5 Axis CNC mills.
- Proficient with Fanuc 15MB and 30i controls (Siemens 840D a plus) or Heidenhain.
- Ability to read blue prints, maintain tolerances, and able to perform own set-ups.
- Experience machining Invar, Aluminum, Composite and Graphite materials.
- Knowledge and understanding of machining techniques and processes.
- Technical aptitude and excellent judgment skills.
- Ability to use manual inspection equipment i.e. Micrometers, Calipers, Bore Gages etc.
- Ability to MDI (Manual Data Input) hole patterns and radii.
- Perform Trigonometry.
- Thorough understanding of machining different materials and the ability to calculate spindle speed, machining feedrates, and proper chip load.
- Over 4,000 hours experience with Fanuc controls, Siemens or Heidenhain.
- Knowledge of advanced cutting tool technology.
- Optimization of feeds and speeds.
- Forklift and crane proficiency.
- Read/communicate with coworkers and leads.
- Knowledge of GD&T, shop math, and blueprint reading.
- Proficient Forklift and crane operating skills.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and reports problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual remains open to ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typically stands for extended periods at workstation.
- Will use hands for extended periods of time while operating CNC mills.
- See, hear, touch, feel and lift (up to 40 lbs.)
- Will access and work in the manufacturing plant.
- Will be required to stand for extended periods of time when conducting training, CI events or work cell duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- May be required to travel to other site locations during the work day.
- May be required to work OT and weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understands PPE that is required in the manufacturing area.
- Knows the purpose and location of Material Safety Data Sheets.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).