-Monitor supplier deliverables and report on project procurement status (via weekly status reports) to MEP and Project Management.
-Expedite all purchase order deliverables. Proactively involve suppliers to understand and address the order entry, procurement, engineering, manufacturing, shipping, and packaging in a timely manner.
- Notify MEP of potential problems that could delay or jeopardize project schedules.
-Distribute copies of transmittals, correspondence, and supplier acknowledgements, carefully checking for accuracy, completeness and correctness. Input and maintain records in the Procurement status-reporting database.
-Follow and maintain file on Bid Requests and advise MEP and Purchasing Agents as required.
-Maintain and Procurement E-mail Address for correspondence from Suppliers, Field Personnel and others.
1. Minimum of five (5) years of related engineering, purchasing or expediting experience.
2. Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of engineering terminology.
3. Must be dedicated to a program of continuing education and on-the-job training.
4. Must be able to work independently and possess good interpersonal skills.
5. Must be able to handle numerous technical, commercial, and administrative skills.