Creates basic designs of aircraft interiors, structures and mechanical systems for Fit, Form and Function to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
• Designs and checks aircraft interior furnishing and/or structures.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
• Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to design and check interior engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
• Strong Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
• Three dimensional (3D) design/drafting skills are preferred.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.