PDS Tech INC is looking for a Contract Specialist Ashburn, VA
Order Processing: 60%
Process customer orders, quotations, initial order receipts, order entry, sourcing, escalation, backorders, general logistics, etc. for aircraft parts and services in response to customer needs.
Provide requested information on part availability, cost, sourcing, returns, discrepancies, transportation, delivery, and follow up to meet customer expectations.
Follow-up with Hamburg AOG to ensure all efforts are being made to satisfy orders supplied via production and suppliers. Liaison between American customers, product links in Europe and AIRTAC to ensure efficient handling of orders.
Ensure customer shipping specifications are followed for critical orders and resolve discrepancies working with internal and external customers. Communicate potential urgent situations on critical orders and explore technical solutions.
Identify and direct customers to proper source for supplier-related material if required. Provide feedback and reporting to supplier management group on supplier performance.
Relationship Building: 20%
Engage in basic level relationship-building with customers emphasizing the positive services and qualities of the company to encourage customer confidence and grow the business.
Identify alternative solutions and steer customers to proper sources for required material to ensure complete customer service and satisfaction.
Technical Support: 10%
Respond to technical inquiries utilizing Technical Documentation and liaising with technical and engineering departments to respond to customer inquiries.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associates Degree in Business, Sales Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A./B.S. in business, engineering or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience in the aviation industry or military support environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with customers, managers and team members.
- Ability to understand and follow Export Compliance regulations required.
- Ability to reference Technical Documentation and provide information requested by customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft parts would be advantageous.
- Has demonstrated a high professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Has demonstrated a high level of energy, persistence and "can do" attitude.
- Detail oriented and self-driven.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong command of English, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of other European languages highly desirable (German, French, Spanish, etc).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- PC literacy, including intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, ...)
- Basic knowledge of SAP, preferred