Check 3D engineering data for conformance to Client requirements as directed. Check parts for fit, form and function to the extent that information is available. Must have experience in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes and tools, including checking CATIA v5 , SmarTeam, as well as other CAD datasets, in accordance to Client requirements as directed. Checkers are responsible for determining the acceptability of data in the following areas: • Accuracy and completeness of engineering product definition data, including CAD and PDM data. • Proper application and compliance with all Engineering and customer drawing requirements. • Use and understanding of GD & T a must. • Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity with ASME Y14.5. • Application of best drafting and design practices and procedures. • Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication practices for aircraft parts. • Advise Design personnel regarding drawing and design practices and procedures. • Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems design disciplines drawing/data requirements, as well as all interrelated disciplines of design build teams. • Assist in the research and development of Product Data Management (PDM)/Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications and methodologies for Engineering and when necessary, other departments. • Actively works to improve daily processes and ensure that all Data Integrity work and CAD and PDM solutions meet customer requirements. • Knowledge of parts list & PdocM, a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs. in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs. broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs. for Masters, 4 yrs. for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Client products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline