THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Electrical Distribution Designer: Fremont, MI/ Sparta, MI, Flint, MI and Grand Rapids, MI
Please let me know if you would be comfortable with the job description and do send me your updated resume
Electrical Distribution Designer
Location: Fremont, MI/ Sparta, MI, Flint, MI and Grand Rapids, MI
Duration: 19+ months
The LVD Engineering department at client produces quality, expert and efficient design services within scope and on-time to internal and external clients, to provide safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering, the LVD Engineering Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the client Management department.
LVD Planning includes distribution circuit System Owners, and CEM includes customer Project Coordinators. These are the two main internal clients of the LVD Engineering and Design department. Designs flow to Scheduling (and then to Field Construction) for execution in partnership with LVD Planning and CEM.
Key Responsibilities in this area include:
- Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
- Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
- Design in a CAD system
- Identify other pole attachments
- Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements (or work with the Right of Way department)
- Work with government entities for permits (or work with the Permitting department)
- Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
- Create projects and/or orders and order materials in SAP
- Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
- Create billing invoices
The following skills and abilities will set you apart from others:
- Experience with electric utility
- Successfully completed electric power classes
- Electric distribution system design knowledge and experience
- Electric distribution system construction knowledge
- Experience with CAD systems
- Working with SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision at the assigned physical work location
- The LVD Engineering department assists with storm and emergency restoration activities and includes both office and field assignments; employees must be willing to work additional hours as necessary to assist with storm restoration activities
- A 2-year Associate Degree in the requisite scientific or technical field, of which, 48 credit hours must be technical in nature. 48 scientific or technical credit hours as measured on a semester basis; the 48 scientific or technical credit hours can be obtained through colleges, technical institutes, licensed apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military programs, etc.
Grand Rapids, MI
850 STEPHENSON HWY STE 612
TROY, MI 48083