PDS Tech is seeking a Flight Controls Engineer I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of the client's aircraft.
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule
- Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues
- Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities
- Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision
- Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. Entry level position. 0-1 year experience.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline
- Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods
- Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department
Familiarity with 3D CAD software such as CATIA v5, SolidWorks, or AutoCAD
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.