Description: PDS Tech is seeking a Fire Protection Operator for an open position in Mesa, AZ
• The Dispatcher position is responsible for efficiently monitoring, receiving and processing emergency and non-emergency calls for Security and Fire Services.
• The Dispatcher collects and enters the information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Program, while maintaining contact with the reporting party to gather additional pertinent information. The Dispatcher then dispatches the appropriate personnel and equipment for action.
• The Dispatcher must remain calm, showing empathy, conveying reassurance and instilling confidence in the caller that the proper response to their needs will result.
• The Dispatcher position is a representative of the Company and therefore it is critical that all Customer Service interactions are superior, respectful and professional. • Prior experience working in a collaborative environment such as a global security operations center, public safety dispatch center.
• Speak the English language coherently and clearly, possessing an excellent vocabulary.
• Possess strong verbal communications skills, and the ability to effectively write and multi-task.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Able to work as a team member, establish good working relationships and provide superior internal and external customer service.
• Be available for shift work encompassing 24 hour day, seven-day week; inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays; and work on a rotational basis
• Remember numerous details and quickly re-call essential information.
• Consistently think clearly and respond quickly in a wide variety of emergency situations.
• Deal effectively with people in a multi-cultural society under extremely stressful situations.
• Quickly perform multiple time-sensitive tasks in response to visual and sound stimuli with a high degree of accuracy.
• Be a team player and establish good working relationships; maintain self-control under stressful circumstances.
• Must be able to complete and possess advanced First Aid, CPR and AED certification (training provided).
• Must be able to obtain an Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification within one year of hire (training provided).
This job requires rotational shifts, and is a 24x7x365 operation.