PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Avionics Design Engineer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
- Design, modify and integrate custom avionics and electrical packages for new AHI aircraft.
- Create engineering drawings, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and support STC projects.
- This assignment is expected to be approximately six (6) months in duration.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Detail design: 50%
- Design wiring diagrams, harness drawings and system architecture for new helicopter completions.
- Review and facilitate engineering package release.
- Can lead groups of engineers to complete projects along with representing the group at management meetings
- Works independently with minimal supervision from Chief Engineers Office
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting company objectives
Project Coordination: 20%
- Select avionics equipment, wiring and supporting electrical infrastructure.
- Produce avionics specification documentation for individual projects.
Engineering Support: 20%
- Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed.
- Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed. Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests.
- Creates electrical load analysis and environmental qualification reports in support of initial layout and design concept.
- Performs Functional Hazard Analysis and Systems Safety Analysis as required.
Position Requirements: Education:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Aeronautical from an accredited college/university.
- Preferred: Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in engineering.
- Six or more years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of aviation/aerospace electrical/avionics design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Conversational French and/or German is a plus.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Minimum 8000hrs AutoCad , familiarity with CATIA V5 and SAP programs.
- 5% Minimal domestic and International travel is required.
- Must be a US Person as defined by ITAR regulations.