PDS TECH INC. is seeking candidate for HR Operations Administrator - Entry Level (Contract) position located in Herndon,VA.
The HR Operations Administrator (Contract) is responsible for providing high-level operational support in a fast-paced environment to the Head of Human Resources for North America as well as facilitating successful collaboration amongst members of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT) and the HR Operating Committee (HROC). This individual will have a professional demeanor with exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
HO HRNA Support: 40%
- Organize Head of HR North America's workflow and processes by managing their priorities / objectives and anticipating steps ahead.
- Review corporate communications, identify and recommend actions required.
- Collect and organize input from the HR NA team.
- Ad hoc project support.
Facilitate HR Leadership Team / Operating Committee Meetings: 30%
- Prepare agendas, collect / distribute relevant documents and attend appropriate meetings.
- Record accurate minutes and track follow-up action items.
- Create / edit PowerPoint presentations and Word documents for various presentations and/or discussions.
Support HR Leadership Team / Operating Committee Members: 20%
- Provide members leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team.
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Conduct internal /external research on variety of HR related topics to be summarized for HRLT & HROC
- Coordinate with HO HR NA assistant as necessary
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or equivalent major is required.
- Prior relevant work/internship experience in a Human Resource and/or corporate function; manufacturing setting; aviation industry or a combination thereof is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to effectively interface with and inform the HRLT/HROC.
- Ability to effectively engage and partner with divisional leadership.
- Organizational recognition and gravity.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and flexibility; highly adaptable.
- Ability to lead a diverse team to achieve a major business objective.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgement effectively.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 10% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- This position requires the ability to work independently and also collaborate as a team member.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This person must be well-organized, a self-starter and able to function with little direction.
- Individual must have the ability to handle confidential information while exercising sound judgement and discretion.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions.
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.