Seeking a CFD engineer who has experience of mathematical modelling of liquid and gas handling systems. As part of our simulation group, the role will consist of preparing, running and analyzing results of CFD simulations covering various systems related to the engine. On a day to day basis the role will operate with a significant level of autonomy.
Responsibilities will include:
· Simulations - Setup and running of CFD simulations on our in-house systems as well as remote cluster.
· Reporting - Interpretation & analysis of results and summarizing for the wider design and development team to make use of them.
· Automation - Development of scripts and macros to manage and improve the automated CFD tasks.
· Development – Generation of novel methods and techniques to tackle new problems in fluid dynamic analysis.
· Liaison with the wider design team and other internal organizations.
· Understanding testing and instrumentation used to measure data for validation of simulations.
· Preparation of detailed technical presentations for project engineering review.
· Proficient with Siemens Star-CCM+ with 3-5 years’ experience with that code
· Demonstrated experience and excellence in engine systems modelling and analysis using CFD
· Working knowledge of CONVERGE and 1D system simulation software an asset
· Programming skills in MATLAB, Java and Python
· Experience in Linux HPC environment
· Experience in managing projects to a high standard and keeping deadlines
· Working knowledge of Dassault CATIA V5 beneficial
· High standard of care and attention to the quality of your work - including good practice record keeping, documentation, standards / conventions
· Mature, responsible, autonomous, team player - capable of leading development projects
Flexible working hours and the ability to work well under pressure are both central to this role, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.