Aerodynamicist - CFD
Location: Mojave, CA
Duration: 9+ months
Aerodynamicist with P&HQ. Main Purpose of the Role is experienced cross-disciplinary engineer with experiences in aerodynamics, computational fluid dynamics, and thermal analysis. The candidate will build on an intimate knowledge of all aircraft systems and have the ability to support and develop new project initiatives.
• Support loads event simulation model development and validation of aerodynamic criteria for suborbital space missions
• Support pre-flight preparation including review of test limitations, flight test plans and procedures, flight readiness reviews, mission control room support, and post flight analysis
• Works with other engineering groups to ensure proper application of design and requirements
• Supports entry into commercial service by ensuring that regulatory and internal company requirements related to loads are met
• Develop standardized analysis and reporting tools
• Perform model updates from data collected during vehicle or component testing and data created with analytical tools
• Develop and maintain aerodynamic databases for use in analysis during all flight phases
• Develop and substantiate rational P&HQ criteria and requirements for unique vehicles with unconventional configurations
• Air Data Experience
• Graduate degree in Aerospace Engineering, and/or equivalent, with minimum of 5 years of experience in aerodynamics development
• Experiences in wind-tunnel and flight test aerodynamic model validation
• Experience with full aircraft analysis – transonic required, supersonic and launch vehicle desirable
• Test plan development and data analysis experience a strong plus
• Experience in the conduct of flight test, including familiarity with standard flight test practices and safety processes strong plus.
• Working knowledge of aircraft and space systems and familiarity with relevant aerospace standards (FAA, FAA‐AST etc.)
• Advanced skills with Linux, Python, Simulink, MATLAB, Fortran, C, C++, and software development best practices.
• CATIA V5 experience preferred
• Experience with FUN3D, NSU3D, Pointwise, and/or similar RANS and gridding methods
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
The Structures Company is an AA/EOE.
STRUCTURES COMPANY LLC
P O BOX 2278
SEAL BEACH, CA 90740