|PDS Tech is currently seeking an Associate buyer in Candler, AZ|
5 year experience in purchasing & expediting experience in Manufacturing buying with buying Value added metals, (machine parts, etc.), raw materials (raw metal and cable assemblers. Cable harnesses buying a plus. Experience with complex commodities.
Under supervision and guidance, performs a variety of tasks relating to the purchasing function to include calling suppliers, confirming PO’s, updating past due PO’s commits, PO’s filing and occasional buying
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expediting pull in requirements
- Calling suppliers and updating past due PO commit’s
- Calling suppliers and confirming PO’s
- Updating MRP (Visual)
- Competitive bidding components
- Learning the buying function
- PO Filing
- Attendance is an essential job function
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 year experience in purchasing & expediting experience in manufacturing buying with buying value added metals, (machine parts, etc.), raw materials (raw metal and cable assemblers. Cable harnesses buying a plus.
- Working knowledge of quick-turn, engineer-to-order environment a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Office software suites (Excel).
- Working knowledge of Visual or other ERP software desired.
- Experience setting up parts under VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory)
- AA degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline preferred. Directly related experience may be considered.
- APICS/NAPM certification a plus.
- 3+ year procurement or logistics in manufacturing environment preferred
Travel Requirement %: N/A