Major aerospace company in Redmond has a 6 Month+ contract open for a Business Specialist who has significant government contracts experience.
The candidate may choose to work out of the Sacramento office.
Without appreciable direction, the Business Specialist applies expertise to directly contribute to the
development of new concepts and techniques. This position exercises considerable latitude in
determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Typical responsibilities include:
- May plan, conduct, and direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the
efforts of support staff in the performance of assigned activities
- May administer large complex contracts of significant financial risk
- Acts as primary department resource to other departments
- Coordinates fiscal and scheduling to ensure accuracy of data analysis and recommendations to
management and/or customers
- Provides guidance to less experienced personnel
- Advises, counsels, and instructs all levels of management regarding financial requirements of
projects to resolve problems or issues
- Evaluates compliance to procedures and methods recommending changes if necessary
- Reviews and determines the adequacy of current operations and recommends changes for
improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Assists program teams in the execution of projects through scheduling, Earned Value
- Management, variance analysis, and what-if scenarios
- May interface with government audit authorities on matters pertaining to business operations
- Establishes and monitors program operational controls
- May assist in fact finding and negotiation of proposal
- May create program logic networks for program control
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and government contracting requirements
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting standards, performance measurement systems, and command media
- Advanced understanding and ability to implement and manage Earned Value Management requirements and associated government compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and ten (10) years of directly related experience,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
LOGIN CONSULTING SERVICES
300 CONTINENTAL BLVD STE 530
EL SEGUNDO, CA 90245-5067