PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Contracts/Procurement Specialist, in Herndon, VA.
The Contracts/Procurement Specialist II (Contract) provides contracts support from pre-award through contract close-out as well as technical, analytical, and administrative leadership and support in the production of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs and RFQs).
Contract Award, Contract Execution and Contract Close-Out: 70%
- Prepare Consulting Agreements, Service Agreements, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Subcontracts, and other contractual documents as directed.
- Research and analyze contractual issues in FAR/DFARS or other regulatory documentation to determine applicability and make recommendations.
- Identify subcontract flow-down terms and conditions and make recommendations. Interface with subcontractor affiliates, as directed. Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Administers contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Review edits received from Subcontractor affiliates during subcontract negotiations and propose recommendations. Coordinate and track edits during negotiations.
- Assemble contractual documentation utilizing existing templates when available. Propose new templates as necessary.
- Assemble subcontract award documentation utilizing existing templates when available.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating contract awards and subcontract awards. Ensure documentation is properly filed in hard copy files and electronically.
- Coordinate inputs, reviews and approvals from Legal, Security, Export Control and/or Program Management as required.
- Assist in accomplishing contract and subcontract closeouts.
- Assist in assembling/responding to requests for contractual data when required by Finance, DCAA, DCMA, and/or Senior Leadership.
- Provide cross-training to Department Administrative Assistance on completing Non-Disclosure Agreements.
Proposal Planning and Execution: 25%
- Support response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, simple proposal responses).
- Develop planning and coordination of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs, RFI and RFQs).
- Conduct response team meetings with domestic and international response team members
- Interact with Lines of Business, Business Development, and functional areas as required to execute the preparation and production of response documents.
- Research and support more complex response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, moderately complex proposal responses).
- Participate in proposal review planning and execution, and management proposal reviews
- Develop volume book plans for responses.
Other duties as assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and related field and 2-5 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three years of experience in a contracts or legal capacity, handling government and/or commercial contracts/subcontracts in an aerospace, avionics or similar organization.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience interacting with Department of Defense and other US Government programs.
- Experience in either the Government or aerospace and defense industry and familiarity with the U.S. Government proposal development and review processes.
- Experience in proposal document or comparable document generation strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR with a broad familiarity with Government contracting principles.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, solid follow-thru skills and strong personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications, particularly MS Office, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must be capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks with potentially overlapping deadlines
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR requirements strongly preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint Procurement strongly desired
- 10% Domestic and International
- US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Make recommendations about budget requirements, response schedule events, and response outlines, supplement page counts, key messages, and color palettes.
- Collaborates with Line of Business Capture Team Leadership.