Conducts complex design assignments for the Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced design concepts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops I&E Engineering Standards.
• Defines Projects by determining project objectives, selecting technical strategies and providing technical assistance to the business unit(s)
• Plans Projects by writing work scopes, developing schedules.
• Follow construction of Electrical / Instrumentation Projects (with Engineering approval)
• Implements Projects by monitoring performance, taking corrective actions, providing feedback to project.
• Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
• Ensures the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
• Conducts research to support engineering in the development of electrical distribution and process controls
• Designs and plans layouts necessary for the installation of electrical and instrumentation as directed by engineering.
• Determines most effective arrangement of Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls; such as Burner Management, Safety Instrumented Systems, and Power Distribution Equipment
• Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems
• Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
• Develop one line diagrams with emphasis on high voltage consistent with NFPA 70E (arc flash)
• Experience working with ETAP or similar programs for managing Arc Flash data.