If Interested then please send resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me back at 804-915-6529.
This is an overhead systems engineer position for current product MDX, Pilot, Ridgeline and Mercedes programs in the Honda Business Unit reporting directly to the project engineering manager/chief engineer. The engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of overhead system in support of customer requirements. This includes supporting the overhead systems design and directly interfacing with the customer and providing engineering direction during design reviews with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality divisions within company, customer, and suppliers. The overhead systems engineer will oversee integration of design development including all support groups, analyze requirements, and develop resolutions.
- Willingness to travel to customer facility (Mid-Ohio) and suppliers and JIT plant (Alabama)
- Understanding of overhead systems design integration of fabric plastics, structures, wiring, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude for problem solving using tools such as KT, A3, FTA, 8D, etc
- Basic computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ability to learn/apply Adient-specific software (eg, PLM, EPIC, GLIMS, etc.)
- Understanding of basic GD&T and ability to facilitate/develop and implement on drawings
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis of data (performance/supplier dimensional data) and interpret data to understand trends.
- Catia V5 2D drawing and layout creation & 3D design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively, visually, and succinctly summarize and deliver information to the appropriate groups - Ability to plan and prioritize workload effectively – create personal tactical timing plans and manage internal/external workload accordingly
- Possess ability to engage and interact with a diverse team across cultures in a global environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive professional relationships with Internal (ex: BU Eng, Mfg., etc.) and External (OEM) customers.
- 3+ years in overhead systems design engineering. Previous experience working with or supporting
Honda R&D and Mercedes strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Overhead systems designing.
719 N 3RD ST STE 102
TACOMA, WA 98403