We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with laboratory/R&D experience to work within design teams in Product and Lifecycle Management (PLCM) Business Line focused on products that save lives and maintain operational readiness for the military. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
A successful candidate in this position would assist in the design, assembly, and troubleshooting of products utilizing electromechanical systems. The candidate will contribute significantly to advancing current systems as well as the research and development of future systems. The responsibilities of the position are expected to grow rapidly as we have received significant interest from numerous clients. The candidate must appreciate a fast pace environment, have a desire to take immediate ownership of large portions of system development, and be effective in a small team or individual tasking.
The following are a list of probable tasks:
• Designing, fabricating, testing, installing, operating and maintaining complex electromechanical systems and subsystems for government programs including firmware and microcontrollers
• Develops, upgrades, tests, debugs, and implements systems
• Developing system architectures and circuit designs for product integration
• Identifies functional needs and requirements
• Performs systems design and analysis based upon requirements
• Prepares detailed specifications from which software will be written or electromechanical designs implemented
• Provides technical support and trains end users on assigned application systems, including on-call or in-field support as required.
• Ability to manage a small team to complete projects and tasks within time and budget
• Interfacing effectively in written and oral communications with other engineers, scientists, and customers. Occasional domestic travel is anticipated.
PLCM believes a background or interest in the following is beneficial for these positions:
• The candidate should be a well-rounded individual with the ability to switch between hands-on tasks and office based efforts. The development of many of our products are completed by small teams, thus the candidate must be comfortable working the entire life cycle of a R&D phase.
• Design of electromechanical systems utilizing firmware and microcontrollers.
• Experience with circuit design of embedded digital electronics
• Experience designing complex systems for medium scale production
• Familiarity with modifying current systems to quickly and cost effectively meet the needs of a client.
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot failure and knowledge and ability to communicate possible changes in procedures to address failures.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• GPA of 3.0 or above.
• 3-5 years of experience in the laboratory focused in hands-on design and assembly of electromechanical systems.
• More than 2 years leading teams
• US Citizenship.
153 PARLIAMENT LOOP STE 1001
LAKE MARY, FL 32746