The EE in this position will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of electrical/electronic systems for new unmanned vehicles. The ideal candidate will participate in requirements and design reviews, translate requirements into electrical designs. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and mechanical engineers to effect implementation of system requirements. The EE reports to the Chief Engineering, Program Manager and Technical Director.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
• Perform studies, trades, and analysis as required to support system requirements and their evolution.
• Electrical circuit design, experience with modifying existing designs or create new designs
• Proficient in electrical CAD tools for schematic capture and PCB layout.
• Knowledge of wire harness design, including selection of connectors, wires and cables.
• Work with designer to lay the cable runs into the CAD model of the airframe.
• Document systems design, systems analysis, system interface design, and systems integration.
• Familiar with embedded board systems design
• Embedded systems and microcontroller implementation and programming
• Knowledge of common data bus standards and implementations.
• Interact with customers regarding new capability implementation and integration into an existing network infrastructure.
• Interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
• Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to act in a mentor role and be an advocate for positive change.
• Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results.
• Knowledge of aircraft electrical systems.
• Familiar with the Microchip PIC family embedded systems
• Altium Schematic and Board Layout
• UAV/Aircraft Integration and Testing
• Accustomed to working with SAE or DoD standards for aircraft electrical systems.
• Knowledge of power generation and conversion systems.
• Knowledge of airborne communications hardware (standard interfaces and protocols, networking, SATCOM, data links, cellular, etc…
Typical Education/Experience Level 2/3 - Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: 5-9 Years with Bachelors of Science (engineering degree preferred); 3-5 Years with Masters; 10-13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
$50 - $55
5381 HIGHWAY N STE 201
COTTLEVILLE, MO 63304