PDS TECH is currently looking for a Manufacturing/Tool Design Engineer for our client in Orange County, CA
The Manufacturing /Tooling Engineer will work closely with many internal departments such as Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Planning. Responsible for effectively managing, coordinating and controlling new tooling design, sign-off, development, procurement and maintenance, ensuring quality and delivery meets expectations of the customer
Must have manufacturing experience ( prefer aerospace or automotive background with composite experience)
Strive to make daily improvements
Enjoys a fast-paced environment
Works well in a team environment
Start - ASAP
Temp to hire
Summary of Duties:
- Management of the tooling design, sign-off, development, procurement and maintenance process by providing leadership which generates a culture of empowerment, individual responsibility and stretch
- Drive quality, efficiency and output across the plant, upholding the highest Health and Safety performance
- •Balance multiple designs and projects, acting as the primary point of contact for tooling needs.
- •Act as an engineering liaison during design development of new tooling to ensure manufacturability.
- •Interact with all departments impacted by tooling design and production to ensure the optimal and most efficient result is achieved.
- •Have detailed knowledge of how to read engineering drawings, and be able to relay information to production team members.
- •Develop best tooling design and production standards and practices.
- •Provide feedback to Design Engineering and Customers to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction, and best delivery that meets the quality requirements.
- •Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer, and company specifications.
- •Solve manufacturing issues and communicate effectively with solutions.
- •Analyze and process supplier CAD / tool designs and proposals for coordination to customer buy-offs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical /Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of related tool design experience
- Proficiency in CAD Software (CATIA V5)
- Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Expert in Catia and Smarteam
- Relevant and significant engineering experience in tooling/jigs/fixtures and working in a fast paced production environment
- Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet strict schedule
Must have manufacturing experience (prefer aerospace or other organizations that work with composite materials)
A minimum of 3 + years of related experience
Must be a "problem-solver", go-getter and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This person will be the only Tool Designer on the team
Temp to hire opportunity