PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an In-Service Repair Engineer, in Wichita, KS.
This position supports the fleet in-service repair of aircraft structures and is responsible for the justification of repair solutions from a Static Stress point of view, on Time, to Cost and to Quality. Duties include performing static analysis for both metallic and non-metallic parts while working in close collaboration with design and fatigue colleagues to provide repair solutions. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop efficient repair solutions to satisfy airworthiness requirements and customers (Airlines/MROs).
- Create high quality integrated and certified engineering repair solutions for the airlines and internal customers within given time scales.
- Perform stress/strength analyses to assess that structural integrity requirements have been met using standard hand and computer methods. Assignments include structural sizing/documentation and subsequent certification documents for in-service fleet support.
- Liaise with Design, Fatigue and other appropriate departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customer.
- Liaise with Principal and Senior Static Engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures reflect on-going developments.
- Ensure, with the relevant technical signature delegation, that the final repair solution brings the aircraft back into an airworthy condition.
- Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements.
- Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
- Provide responses for routine repair queries by giving guidance as required within Operations and Customer Services in a clear and concise manner.
- Together with other Repair Design and Fatigue Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Have the ability to achieve delegated signature (static stress approval).
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment both independently and collectively.
- Experience in airframe design (metallic & composites), F&DT, SRM, MRB, FAR/JAR/CS/Part21, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, and PATRAN, is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) required.
- Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability.
- Working knowledge of all Structures preferred.
- Knowledge of stress/fatigue manuals and tools preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials is required.
- Minimum 6 years total analysis experience in airframe design programs.
- MRO/Fleet Engineering experience is preferred.