THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Air & Missile Defense Radar Software Integrated Product Team Lead
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Air & Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) Software Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead
(US Citizenship Required*)
• Lead, direct, and/or supervise lower level employees and teams.
• Analyze all software products including concept, design, architecture, user experience, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and baseline management
• Accountable to the program Deputy Program Manager of Engineering (DPME)
• Drive and lead completion of major program, projects and tasks
• Lead software requirements analysis, system integration activities, and research
• Design, develop, and test software and tools, including developing new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
• Perform technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total system
• Apply and champion the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
• Lead small technical proposals and contribute to medium sized proposals
• Frequently lead collaboration activities with senior management, leadership and stakeholders within the company, with organizations outside engineering, or with external customers, vendors, and suppliers
• Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
• Ensure logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional & time-line analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development life-cycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Research and analyze data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
• Often define scope, schedule and expectations for the work you execute or lead
• Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments for self and teams
• With ingenuity and creativity, resolve significant, diverse range of complex problems & issues of broad scope
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations, or failure to accomplish results or errors typically will negatively impact business segment financial results and cause business segment to fail to achieve organizational objectives
• Some travel is required
• Required – active Secret clearance. Candidates without active clearance will not be considered.
• Experience planning, developing and maintaining resource loaded program schedules
• Seasoned, experienced professional with wide range of professional experience and a strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to creatively resolve a range of issues
• Strong skills at helping company meet financial and business objectives by resolving complex issues in creative, effective and financially favorable ways
• Able to work on complex problems of diverse scope or situations or data that requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Strong knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
• Detailed knowledge of other related engineering and support disciplines
• Strong ability to excel at the development of new theories and methods
• Strong awareness of business objectives and Engineering's role in achieving
• Strong ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master advanced decision-making skills
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Strong ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
• Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects as a technical lead with little or no direction, frequently provides direction and leadership to technical teams and determines methods and procedures
• Strong ability to handle significant responsibility, leadership and accountability while executing very complex assignments
• Strong ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
• Advocate and champion at interpreting, defining and applying company policies and procedures to resolve very complex issues
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Project and Excel
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
• Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions; someone who is capable of providing technical leadership to an organization
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!
Based on experience
MOSELEY TECHNICAL SERVICES INC
7500 S MEMORIAL PKWY STE 215-R
HUNTSVILLE, AL 35802