Avionics Software Engineer SECRET
|The successful candidate will perform as an Avionics Systems Software Engineer, serving as the technical expert responsible for establishing the system design and for implementing and/or directing the implementation of real-time image generation and cockpit display solutions for avionics simulation..|
• Design, develop, and implement simulated solutions that represent real-world sensor pods that meet training requirements
• Perform general system-level integration and troubleshooting
• Weapon simulation experience including sensors, ASE, and SMS
• Sensor system algorithm development for turret control, platform stabilization, sensor control (focus, field-of-view, filters, image tracking)
• Sensor systems algorithm development, hands on software development, and integration and test of one or more of the following: near and mid-range infra-red, night vision goggles, and image-intensifier simulation, RADAR, and associated environment simulation for interfacing with air vehicle Operational Flight Programs
• Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
• Training System simulation experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related discipline, or equivalent.
• 2 - 10 plus years of Real-Time development experience.
• 2 - 10 plus years C++, C, Ada, FORTRAN
• 3 plus years Linux environment
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction.
• 3 plus years transforming sensor domain algorithms into software integrated on networked systems.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Good communications skills.
• DoD Secret Clearance is required.