PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 4 in Melbourne, FL.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL, where technology and teamwork come together. The selected candidate will become part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team at the Melbourne Design Center of Excellence working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive, proactive and team Environment.
- Maintains configuration of the aircraft to Engineering requirements
- Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize existing equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Translates Engineering requirements into a product build package
- Collaborates with tool design on manufacturing requirements
- Controls the flow of parts
- Coordinates make vs. buy part decision
- Structures Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
- Defines sequence of operations and specifies procedures for product build
- Ensures manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with customer requirements
- Follows manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and supporting data collection.
- Uses established manufacturing engineering procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment used to fabricate products
- Supports the build and test of product
- Clears constraints affecting production of aircraft
- Investigates and initiates corrective actions and improvements in product quality and efficiency
- Collaborates with tool design to ensure product build is repeatable
- Oversees the integration of aircraft assembly technologies and processes
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems
- Experience integrating products from engineering design to manufacturing floor
- Provides detailed written instructions that help facilitate product fabrication
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- 9 Years of Manufacturing Engineering experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university; 7 years of engineering experience with Master’s Degree in STEM and 4 years of Engineering experience with PHD .
- 9 years of experience providing technical manufacturing based expertise with a focus on design to cost principles without jeopardizing performance, safety and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting electrical wire diagrams
- Experience supporting aircraft hydraulic and/or fuel integration/maintenance
- Experience supporting enhancement processes that improve production shop floor efficiencies
- Experience reviewing engineering models during concept design phase to correlate the manufacturing desired final engineering model
- Good communicator, ability to provide product improvement proposals and present to manufacturing leaders and technical team for approval.
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Experience supporting aircraft maintenance and/or flight test operations