PDS Tech, Inc. has an open position as a Stress Engineer in Independence, Ohio.
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of strength, stability, residual strength, fatigue and fracture analyses of detail designs of landing gear structural components using both computer modeling and analysis methods and classical calculation methods.
- Constructing and analyzing finite element structural models using Nastran/ABAQUS
- Constructing beam “stick” models and generating internal loads
- Performing preliminary sizing and detailed analysis of major structural components using classical analysis and FEA methods in support of preliminary design effort and formal drawing release
- Assisting with preliminary design trade studies
- Preparing high quality detailed stress reports for customer review and MRB support
- Reviewing drawings with other company disciplines and provide structures input
- Analyzing structural repairs for landing gear and systems structural components
- Accountability for all assigned stress tasks and completion dates
- Ensuring compliance to engineering methodologies
- Working Knowledge of CATIA V5
- Good understanding of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes
- 5 years minimum experience
- BS degree or higher
- Must be able to verify U.S. Citizen status.